MS Outlook is also like a Gmail which is used to send or receive emails. The most common problem of MS Outlook is outlook error 0x800ccc0e. While email client users perform the email communication then this error occurs. When this error occurs then a message show you saying:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘your_account’, Server: ‘your_SMTP_server’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): NO, socket error: 10061, error number: 0x800ccc0e
Once, you get this error, and then try to know the cause and solution to fix it. This error occurs due to various reasons.
Solutions to fix outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e:-
Here are many solutions to fix the outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Go through the below-given steps to fix these issues:
- Check your internet connectivity:- Due to slow internet connection, it can cause the error. If your internet connection is not proper then you face a problem. So make sure that there is an active internet connection between the system and the exchange server. By fixing this issue you can resolve your problem.
- Check the email account setting in outlook:- This error occurs due to incorrect incoming, outgoing, username and password account settings. So, all the settings should be correct. When you check the account settings, assure that the username has the entire email address in it. The process of configuration settings may be different in different versions of MS outlook. So, it is better to prefer Microsoft sites for details.
- Delete email messages if they look doubtful:- Malicious emails can cause issues like blocking of messages. So, try to delete them from the mailbox to resolve outlook error 0x800ccc0e by accessing it using the web-based program.
- Disable antivirus application:- Antivirus can also cause the issue outlook error 0x800ccc0e which is installed in your system for security purposes. So, disable all firewall software, anti-viruses, email scanning software or email spammers that are running into your computer system. Infrequently these types of programs clog you from connecting to your email account correctly. So, disable all the programs until you start accessing your emails.
- Firewall configuration:-Always make sure that your firewall does not block Outlook.exe from reaching the internet. But, this method has some security risks involved with it. Therefore go with this method with caution.